Monday 2 September 2013

My Amazon Business

A few years back, when my friends began getting evening and Saturday jobs to pay for the things they wanted, I realised that I wanted those things too, but decided that I'd find it much more interesting, fun, and better paid to use my brain and try starting my own online business. I began by just selling off some old toys etc. that I didn't want any more. Now, a few years down the line I've developed it into a more sustainable business by buying those products that I can get more cheaply on eBay, Alibaba.com etc. and re-listing them to be sold on Amazon.co.uk 
This business now generates me up to £600 per month for minimal effort (i.e. 3-5 hours per month). Through experience I've developed a few strategies that I use throughout each year and I'll describe them in later posts. If you've never sold anything on Amazon.co.uk, it takes less than 30 minutes to set up a seller account, even if it's only to sell off a few unwanted items. Amazon.co.uk has the advantage of generally a bigger market who are willing to pay more money for products than on eBay, I put this down to bigger consumer confidence, i.e. that they can trust Amazon to deliver their purchase more reliably than eBay. I'd love to hear from anyone else who has any experience of selling online, no matter how big or small.

No comments:

Post a Comment